Summetime Lesson Planning Suggestions Given and Needed

  • heidi1977@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2005
      The AMC Summer Free Online Newsletter has recently been uploaded. Some of
      responded to my posts in which I requested lesson plans and links for the
      summetime links page which will be uploaded shortly. Below, is a sampling of
      free lesson plans that are available in the summer online issue available at
      http://www.amonco.org This will give some of you an idea of the types of
      lesson plans I am looking for inclusion.
      If you have lesson plans or recommended links, please forward them to me
      ASAP. Thank you.

      Table of Contents
      Part I

      Make a Band
      Coffee Can Drum
      Yogurt Container Shakers
      Wind Chime Keys
      Math Equations Activity
      IT'S A WRAP - Making Beautiful Gift Boxes
      Nature in a Shoebox
      Friendship Salad
      Spring Tea

      Part II

      Number Grid Maze
      Food Groups
      String Training
      Summer Fruit, Cheese and Meat Kabobs
      Watermelon Blueberry Banana Split
      (From Montessori Teacher Kathy O'Reilly's
      Cooking With Children Can Be Easy)
      Basketball and Whole Body Memorizing Activity
      a - z Zoo Math Rhymes

      Part III

      Nation Relation¨ Geography Guessing Game
      Nation Relation¨ Geography Catch
      Literature Craft - Making Gifts for Fathers and Teachers
      Recipe for Onion Pie
      Activities for Celebrating 'America Through Song'

      Part IV

      Sewing with Kids -Ten tips for busy moms
      Making Vacations Count ~ A Must Read Article
      Lesson Plan for the Water Music - Alla Hornpipe
      Calendar Activity Ideas
      Beginning Reading Activity with Song
      Water Rocket - Science Activity
      Making Vacations Count
      (A Must Read Before Embarking on
      Your Summer Vacation)

      Part V

      Recipe and Craft from Cantemos
      German Potato Salad
      Some Free Science Activities
      Craft Idea for Father's Day
      Cooperative Games
      Family Heritage and Timelines
      Vignettes ~ Stories About Renaissance and Impressionist Artists

      Part VI

      Three Recipes ~ Treasure Chests, Pirate Ships and Canonballs
      Gardening Activities for the Summer Months
      Gingerbread Muffins by Montessori Teacher Cathie Perolman
      Bicycling for Education - Part I
      Bicycling From Gettysburg Battlefield to Washington D.C.
      Free Science Activity of the Month
      Article/Lesson Plan ~ Howls With Owls
      Article ~ Taking your class on a literature journey?

      Part VII

      Working with Notations - A Math Activity
      Make a Customized Mosaic Picture
      Activities to Keep the Kids Moving During the Summer Months
      Fun With Language Links
      Free Reading Activity
      Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
      Montessori Toddler Education Articles
      Interdisciplinary Math and Music Activity for
      ECE and Elementary Children
      Middle School Word Puzzles
      Interdisciplinary Lessons involving Art and Science

      Kind regards,

      Heidi Spietz
      American Montessori Consulting
      http://www.amonco.org
      Serving School and Home Educators Since 1988

      http://www.geminfo.org
      GEM Consortium Member