Site with Oriental Patterns - for art projects and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      This site was posted to the Altered Book list:
      http://patterns.ming-ling.net/large.html

      You do have permission to use the patterns to make art. I saved one
      for my Altered Book Tip In pages.

      The patterns are all Oriental Kimono designs. They would be great for
      my Cultural Threads - Hands drawing with collage project. Patterns
      could also inspire Kimona art projects (like Ken Schwab's collagraph
      prints).

      You can also buy cultural textile patterned papers. My students used
      digital images and the printed papers for that project. We were not
      concerned about "copyright" when we saved and printed our images to
      use. I thought the lessons learned were valuable.

      Incredible Art Resources