Judy's Book: What Kind of Fish are You? (reply OFF LIST)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 11:37 AM
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Quiet day on the lists so I thought I would post my thought for today.
      Delete if not interested -- scroll on by digest users.

      Whether you like it or not.... You are all fish in my art ed lists "pond".

      In the beginning.....There was only "Getty Pond" - then this Fish
      found other ponds.... Each pond is unique.

      We are all fish in my ponds. Fish have positive meaning in all cultures.
      The Dogon originated from the Fish People. I respect the Dogon.

      Salmon are a symbol for knowledge and wisdom. I like to think I am a
      member of the Salmon clan. I can not get a salmon for my pond
      (aquarium) so.... for my purposes, I think I will also be a Betta fish
      - although Betta female fish are not very pretty. My son talked me out
      of getting a small Koi (He said they are dirty fish and would get too
      big for my small aquarium).

      I will be a Betta fish - fighting for art education.... colors
      changing from red-to-purple to-blue.

      Ann-on-a-mouse - is a Dolphin in "my pond"

      Rose-of-Sharon is an Angel Fish

      Reply to me off list with what kind of fish you are in my Getty pond and why.

      Do you go with the flow? Swim against the current?

      Please... no nasty replies back. I know this is "nuts" - but it is just for fun.
      The lists are every bit a part of who I am. My book is a biography
      only for me - to pass on to my son. You will only get ONE book post a
      day at most.

      Here is an example of "My Family":
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/images/collage2.jpg
      Mark is the pretty fish, I am swimming behind him...Matthew is the
      Lizard (meaning longevity for Bamana culture).

      judy.decker at gmail.com
      (change at to @ an remove spacing)
      Incredible Art Resources