Book Arts Exhibit at Getty - May 24–September 11

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2005
      Greetings Artist Book Enthusiasts - especially those near Getty,

      The Artist Turns to the Book
      May 24–September 11
      Learn more about this exhibition.
      http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/artist_book/?newsletter040

      From their Newsletter:

      "UFOs, Soviet matchbooks, anti-consumerist puppets—see contemporary
      artists explode the traditional book format in this exhibition at the
      Getty Research Institute.

      "The Research Institute has over 5,000 artists' books dating from the
      mid-20th-century to the present—one of the largest collections of this
      exciting modern art form in the country."

      Join the curator for an exhibition tour on June 22, 24, and 29.

      "Watch a book by Julie Chen and Barbara Tetenbaum unfold as you listen
      to the music that inspired the artists."
      http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/artist_book/staircase.html

      This exhibition is located at the Getty Center, Research Institute
      Exhibition Gallery.

      (Copied text - copyright 2005 -Getty Trust)

      I signed up to receive the monthly newsletter in April - just so I can
      see what is going on at Getty. It is free - one email a month.

      If any of you get to see this - report back to us so we can be envious.

      Incredible Art Resources