Send My Friend To School

  • Elizabeth Merriman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2005
      I was just wondering if anyone else plans on contributing to 'Send My
      Friend To School'? It is an International Art Project (part sponsored
      by Oxfam) that coincides with the G8 Summit and the Make Poverty History
      Campaign.

      The hope is that school children design a paper doll or virtual doll to
      represent one of the 100 million + poorest children across the world
      unable to attend school. 1 million paper children are needed and these
      children will be delivered to the world leaders at the G8.

      We are doing this project at our school and it ties in nicely with other
      curriculum areas besides art too (like geography, current events,
      economics, religious ed., citizenship, etc).

      I think it is worthwhile issue and will be attending the G8 rally in
      Edinburgh this July.

      The closing date for submissions is 23 June and the website with all the
      information is: http://www.sendmyfriend.org/home.html

      Thanks!
      Liz