Re: glaze ceramic resources

  • Sheba
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2005
      There are many great sources of information on the web to help you
      learn about Ceramics. The following links contain information of
      interest to the ceramic artist.
      http://www.potterynorthwest.org/Links.htm

      General Information
      National Conference on Education for the Ceramic Arts
      http://nceca.net/
      Washington Potters Association http://www.washingtonpotters.org/

      Ceramics Today A great portal of ceramic information
      http://www.ceramicstoday.com/
      Ceramics Web (includes ClayArt listserv user group instructions)
      http://art.sdsu.edu/ceramicsweb/
      ClayArt Archives http://www.potters.org/categories.htm
      USCS Guide to Pottery Resources on the Web
      http://libweb.ucsc.edu/pottery/
      Andy Clift's Claystation http://www.claystation.com/
      San Francisco Bay Area Ceramics Resources
      http://www.claymedia.com/sfbay/internet.html
      Glazes; recipes and software for evaluating them
      http://www.digitalfire.com/
      Virtual Ceramics Exhibit http://www.uky.edu/Artsource/vce/VCEhome.html
      Ceramics Monthly http://www.interrel.com/Ceramics/ceramics.htm

      Sheba~Cynthia Artist/ Educator "multi-faceted creative visionary"
      The ART Site
      http://www.sheba-kitty-productions.com/
      The School Site
      http://thevirtualclassroom.org/
    • Tanya Riehle
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        Did your cone sitter trip? Sometimes your kiln might not have fired
        completely, i would check that first before doing anything else, what
        cone did you fire it too? Does it match the cone on your glazes?
        Those are what I check first then I worry about the other stuff later.

        Tanya

        On Apr 30, 2005, at 4:27 PM, arizkma wrote:

        > If the glaze isn't shiny and the right color when the kiln is opened,
        > does that mean I need to fire longer?� Thanks.� I also want to thank
        > everyone who has been helping me with learning about this kiln
        > business.� You are wonderful!!!
        >
        > ~� Kathleen
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > �
        > �
        > Service.

      • Susan Bennett
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2005
          One time a ceramics major told me that perhaps my bisqueware was not taken to a high enough fire, We fire mostly low fire. So we have changed from 05 to 04 to go higher. You may try going up one more. For example if I fire bisque at 05 I fire the glaze at 06. If 06 is milky I have tried refiring at 05. Some of the lead free glazes are not as forgiving to overcoverage etc.
          Susan in Ohio

          Tanya Riehle <triehle@...> wrote:
          Did your cone sitter trip? Sometimes your kiln might not have fired
          completely, i would check that first before doing anything else, what
          cone did you fire it too? Does it match the cone on your glazes?
          Those are what I check first then I worry about the other stuff later.

          Tanya

          On Apr 30, 2005, at 4:27 PM, arizkma wrote:

          > If the glaze isn't shiny and the right color when the kiln is opened,
          > does that mean I need to fire longer? Thanks. I also want to thank
          > everyone who has been helping me with learning about this kiln
          > business. You are wonderful!!!
          >
          > ~ Kathleen
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Service.