Re: [art_education] Pictures of Tragedy in NY

  • kc
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 18 4:23 PM
      From: "Ken Rohrer" <kenroar@...>
      To: <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 12:07 PM
      Subject: [art_education] Pictures of Tragedy in NY

      > Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
      > courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

      ----

      ----

      ----
    • Sue Freeland
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 19 8:09 PM
        Need your help!!cause you guys are the best! Can we put our heads together
        and come up with one or more projects created by our art classes that would
        make a difference and inspire people in our own towns?
        I love the idea of an international protest and my students are currently
        making posters for the Lion's Club Peace poster contest (incredible timing!)
        Theme this year "Lighting the pathway to peace."
        What I would like to do is some kind of permanent sculpture or mural or
        whatever so that people will not forget those who died but also to
        strengthen the ties that have brought us together even if it is in grief.
        Strangers no longer walk by without acknowledgement. They look you in the
        eye and the sentiment is there, a nod, a smile a sort of recognition of
        another soul going through the same pain.
        Sorry...it's getting late. But really, does anyone have a suggestion for
        some kind of memorial like this...something that would be around a while?
        Thanks,
        Sue
      • DeAnn Hanisch
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 2, 2001
          I'm not sure if this is along the lines you are
          thinking, but have you looked at the quilt Faith
          Ringgold created for the Oklahoma City Bombing? Her
          work is so powerful! You may get some inspiration!

          http://phone.yahoo.com
        • Smileatsusan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 3, 2001
            I'd love to see that site. We have an exhibit of Faith's coming to our
            community this Winter!
            -Susan
          • Ken Rohrer
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 15, 2001
              Hi all,
              Teri Mason, who is helping me with the art site, sent
              me this message a few days ago. She says she posted it
              to this group but I don't remember reading it.

              William Saunders Mason, IV "Liam"
              born 10/08/01 9:33 am
              6lbs, 13 oz
              via emergency c-section, after 30 hrs of natural labor

              I'm sure this will keep her busy and we won't be able
              to update the art site much.
              Ken

              http://personals.yahoo.com