Art Room Organization

  • davisc102003
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2003
      I am looking for ideas for organizing supplies in my middle school
      art room. I
      teach grades 5-8 and constantly struggle with maintaining supplies.
      I would
      like to find a way for supplies to be easy to reach, on hand for
      students. My
      main challenge is paints. We use tempera and acrylics often, clay
      and glaze
      occasionally, markers and colored pencils occasionally.

      Any tried and true methods of organization and distribution?

      Thanks.
    • hill1art
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2010
        We at The Teaching Palette we are looking for ideas, inspiration and photos of how art teachers organize their rooms. Do you have the perfect system for storing student portfolios? Then we want to see it.
        We are hoping to create an amazing collection of art room storage and organization solutions for all levels of teaching. Check out http://tinyurl.com/2bhkg7t for details of how to share your storage or organization tips and to see other art rooms.

        Thanks,
        Hillary Andrlik
      • subirdsings
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2012
          With all the Pinterest craze, and looking all the ideas that people had. I realized that I have some to share.
          When the library catalog system on cards went into extinction, the drawers were moved into storage. I saw them, and asked for them to be moved to my art room and then I re-purposed them, filling them with art materials.

          A few years before that, our school was changing lockers and I asked for one set to be brought into my room. My students painted them and each year I have the students chose a locker to keep their supplies in.

          Just a couple ideas I thought I'd share.
          I created an album put the photos under:
          Art Room Organization
          recycled items used
          by subirdsings

          cheers,