Personal Still Life - High School lesson

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      How to do still life in a crowded room was a recent
      topic on Getty list.

      Here is one solution - Personal collection/identity:
      http://www.artsandactivities.com/Page/Article0305b.html

      Students bring in a small collection that tells
      something about themselves. These items could be
      secured to a foam core scrap with roll of tape and
      stacked up out of the way when not in use....or stored
      in indivual trays....whatever works for you.

      I would like to have this kind of "self portrait" on
      Incredible Art Department. If anyone does this project
      idea, please send one image. No lesson plan necessary.
      I have posted this idea many times, but prefer to put
      it on the site as submitted by someone else. I don't
      have any pictures of work done from my students (I did
      it years ago when I had a long term sub assignment). I
      did a variation that included drawing of the hand
      (holding one of the objects) one year when I taught
      Drawing and Design - but again, no images of student
      work.

      Incredible Art Resources

      http://mail.yahoo.com