Give credit where credit is due

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      One list member emailed me and told me she labeled
      projects in her art show crediting Incredible Art
      Department as the source of her lessons (for those
      that came from IAD). I thought this was a nice touch.

      Through out the year, she has also shared with me how
      she adapted lessons for higher grade levels to use
      with her elementary students. Don't be locked into
      just "elementary plans" if teaching elementary....
      high school plans can be adapted for middle
      school...and so on.

      I am thrilled to see so many project ideas that are
      shared on Incredible Art Department enter into
      classrooms around the world. It is nice to see the
      hard work of teachers who submit the lessons
      acknowledged. If you put a project on your school web
      site using one of the plans on Incredible Art
      Department (or from any site), think about adding
      "Lesson adapted from so and so"...the "this lesson is
      thanks to so and so". I know none of you use the
      lessons exactly as written. I put the lesson plans on
      the site to save you time writing your own. I loved
      coming up with the ideas for lessons -- but putting
      them into writing was a different story (grin).

      More teachers will be willing to share when their
      "intellectual" property is respected and documented.
      We all know ideas can not be copyrighted -crediting
      the source is just a courtesy.

      Keep sharing.... Your work is touching so many lives.

      Incredible Art Resources

      http://personals.yahoo.com