High School Hands Drawing idea
- Greetings Art Educators,
I have added one of Dave Haines' student drawings to
the Hands Idea page (scroll down to the Signing hands
I will be adding a lesson plan on IAD for this project
soon. Here is Dave's explanation:
1. develop good 3-d quality contour drawings
of 5 different hand poses (have not tried the signing
idea with this). We do these on newsprint and go
through the stages of blind contour, continuous
line and modified contours.
2. The five best drawings are assembled
onto a newsprint 'working drawing' composition.
3. Letters (student name or initials) are developed
from various font resources (lettering books,
etc.)....These are added to the negative space.
4. This composition is transferred onto Canson paper
in pencil (any quality colored paper could be used)
5. Color is painted with tempera (the negative spaces
and letters) by mixing colors that provide a nice
contrast with the chosen paper color.
6. Once completed, outlining is done with fine point
Dave teaches at Grafton High (Grafton, WV).
I am inviting more to share lesson ideas. I have many
idea pages already started (not all are linked to the
Ideas page - I am waiting for more to add). I know
many of you do not have to submit formal lessons plans
- so this is a much easier way to share.
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Personals - Better first dates. More second dates.