Re: [art_education] Pictures of Tragedy in NY

  • kc
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
      Dear Ken, Hi, I'm a teacher from a small school from Maine. Thank you for
      sending the children's pictures. Children hit the core on how our school
      feels. Kim
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
        > Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
        > courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

        ----

        ----

        ----
      • Sue Freeland
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 19, 2001
          Need your help!!cause you guys are the best! Can we put our heads together
          and come up with one or more projects created by our art classes that would
          make a difference and inspire people in our own towns?
          I love the idea of an international protest and my students are currently
          making posters for the Lion's Club Peace poster contest (incredible timing!)
          Theme this year "Lighting the pathway to peace."
          What I would like to do is some kind of permanent sculpture or mural or
          whatever so that people will not forget those who died but also to
          strengthen the ties that have brought us together even if it is in grief.
          Strangers no longer walk by without acknowledgement. They look you in the
          eye and the sentiment is there, a nod, a smile a sort of recognition of
          another soul going through the same pain.
          Sorry...it's getting late. But really, does anyone have a suggestion for
          some kind of memorial like this...something that would be around a while?
          Thanks,
          Sue
        • DeAnn Hanisch
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 2, 2001
            I'm not sure if this is along the lines you are
            thinking, but have you looked at the quilt Faith
            Ringgold created for the Oklahoma City Bombing? Her
            work is so powerful! You may get some inspiration!

            http://phone.yahoo.com
          • Smileatsusan@aol.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 3, 2001
              I'd love to see that site. We have an exhibit of Faith's coming to our
              community this Winter!
              -Susan
            • Ken Rohrer
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 15, 2001
                Hi all,
                Teri Mason, who is helping me with the art site, sent
                me this message a few days ago. She says she posted it
                to this group but I don't remember reading it.

                William Saunders Mason, IV "Liam"
                born 10/08/01 9:33 am
                6lbs, 13 oz
                via emergency c-section, after 30 hrs of natural labor

                I'm sure this will keep her busy and we won't be able
                to update the art site much.
                Ken

                http://personals.yahoo.com