Fulbright Scholarships

  • gchall@bsb.k12.la.us
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2005
      Speaking of "dream catchers," I've always wanted to do a Fulbright Scholarship
      in Murano Italy to learn more about lampworking. Besides being an art teacher I
      also make glass beads, and Murano is THE place to go to learn from the masters.
      I'm a regular visitor to the Fulbright site, but haven't found the opportunity
      that I'm really looking for.

      My question is: Is there anybody on this list who has actually recieved a
      Fulbright Scholarship for art? And if so, could you give me some hints on how
      to get started?

      It would be a dream come true for me to go to Murano, learn Italian, work on my
      lampworking skills and teach what ever they want me to.

      Thanks Guys,
      Grace

      This message was sent using BSB's Web Mail Interface.
      http://www2.bsb.k12.la.us/
    • Robin Singer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2005
        Hi Grace, I was in Japan from the Fulbright Memorial Teachers Fund. I was there for 3 weeks. The scholarships aren't specifically for art, but I have incorp. everything into my art curric. I could talk to you for hours about what I have done. The deadline is Dec.10th for applications. Robin

        Speaking of "dream catchers," I've always wanted to do a Fulbright Scholarship
        in Murano Italy to learn more about lampworking. Besides being an art teacher I
        also make glass beads, and Murano is THE place to go to learn from the masters.
        I'm a regular visitor to the Fulbright site, but haven't found the opportunity
        that I'm really looking for.

        My question is: Is there anybody on this list who has actually recieved a
        Fulbright Scholarship for art? And if so, could you give me some hints on how
        to get started?

        It would be a dream come true for me to go to Murano, learn Italian, work on my
        lampworking skills and teach what ever they want me to.

        Thanks Guys,
        Grace

        This message was sent using BSB's Web Mail Interface.
        http://www2.bsb.k12.la.us/

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Michelle Chick
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
          A science teacher at my school just recieved notice that he had been awarded a fulbright scholarship, now it was not in art but I could ask him how he went about it.

          Michelle

          gchall@... wrote:
          Speaking of "dream catchers," I've always wanted to do a Fulbright Scholarship
          in Murano Italy to learn more about lampworking. Besides being an art teacher I
          also make glass beads, and Murano is THE place to go to learn from the masters.
          I'm a regular visitor to the Fulbright site, but haven't found the opportunity
          that I'm really looking for.

          My question is: Is there anybody on this list who has actually recieved a
          Fulbright Scholarship for art? And if so, could you give me some hints on how
          to get started?

          It would be a dream come true for me to go to Murano, learn Italian, work on my
          lampworking skills and teach what ever they want me to.

          Thanks Guys,
          Grace

          This message was sent using BSB's Web Mail Interface.
          http://www2.bsb.k12.la.us/

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT