Illustrators sites - worth checking

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      I was just about finished writing this when Yahoo
      glitched and I lost the whole thing... I won't
      recreate all of it. Now I'll just give you the sites.
      Sean Grisby posted these to Net Gold list.

      These I will save and link (when I do a page on
      Illustration).

      John Sibbick:
      http://www.johnsibbick.com/
      Pre-historic - wildlife - sci-fi

      Christophe Vacher
      http://www.vacher.com/
      fantasy/surreal - has wowrk done for movies (career
      tie in)

      Doug Chiang
      http://www.dchiang.com/
      Sci-fi/digital - GREAT robots and creatures (select
      low bandwidth if you want to save images)

      Howard Van Lyon
      http://www.howardlyon.com/
      fantasy - has some game 3-D modeling (career tie in)

      Schoonover Studios
      http://www.schoonoverstudios.com/
      ..featuring illustrations and paintings by Frank E.
      Schoonover and many other students of Howard Pyle, as
      well as noted American illustrators...artwork by 19th
      and early 20th century local and regional artists.

      Here are two repeats - just in case you missed my
      earlier post of these illustrators.

      Drew Struzan - has movie posters (good career tie in)
      http://www.drewstruzan.com/

      Bob Peak - has covers for time magazine and movie
      poster art
      http://www.bobpeak.com/

      Worth checking - but I won't be linking.
      Alan Pollack
      http://www.alanpollack.com/
      sci fi/fantasy

      Sean really likes sci-fi art. If you have students who
      are motivated by this genre, search for Art Links on
      Net Gold list (yahoo group). Sean has posted dozens. I
      have only shared a small fraction of what he has
      posted.

      Incredible Art Resources

      http://mail.yahoo.com