Re: [art_education] Pictures of Tragedy in NY

  • kc
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
      From: "Ken Rohrer" <kenroar@...>
      To: <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 12:07 PM
      Subject: [art_education] Pictures of Tragedy in NY

      > Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
      > courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

      ----

      ----

      ----
    • kc
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
        Dear Ken, Hi, I'm a teacher from a small school from Maine. Thank you for
        sending the children's pictures. Children hit the core on how our school
        feels. Kim

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
          > Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
          > courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

          ----

          ----

          ----
        • Sue Freeland
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 19, 2001
            Need your help!!cause you guys are the best! Can we put our heads together
            and come up with one or more projects created by our art classes that would
            make a difference and inspire people in our own towns?
            I love the idea of an international protest and my students are currently
            making posters for the Lion's Club Peace poster contest (incredible timing!)
            Theme this year "Lighting the pathway to peace."
            What I would like to do is some kind of permanent sculpture or mural or
            whatever so that people will not forget those who died but also to
            strengthen the ties that have brought us together even if it is in grief.
            Strangers no longer walk by without acknowledgement. They look you in the
            eye and the sentiment is there, a nod, a smile a sort of recognition of
            another soul going through the same pain.
            Sorry...it's getting late. But really, does anyone have a suggestion for
            some kind of memorial like this...something that would be around a while?
            Thanks,
            Sue
          • DeAnn Hanisch
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 2, 2001
              I'm not sure if this is along the lines you are
              thinking, but have you looked at the quilt Faith
              Ringgold created for the Oklahoma City Bombing? Her
              work is so powerful! You may get some inspiration!

              http://phone.yahoo.com
            • Smileatsusan@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 3, 2001
                I'd love to see that site. We have an exhibit of Faith's coming to our
                community this Winter!
                -Susan
              • Ken Rohrer
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 15, 2001
                  Hi all,
                  Teri Mason, who is helping me with the art site, sent
                  me this message a few days ago. She says she posted it
                  to this group but I don't remember reading it.

                  William Saunders Mason, IV "Liam"
                  born 10/08/01 9:33 am
                  6lbs, 13 oz
                  via emergency c-section, after 30 hrs of natural labor

                  I'm sure this will keep her busy and we won't be able
                  to update the art site much.
                  Ken

                  http://personals.yahoo.com