fabric painting ideas

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2005
      Ref:
      Questions about fabric painting -- ok, you fabric painters,
      advice needed!
      From: "linda" <lindwood@...>

      Hi! Linda,

      Pebeo fabric colours( for silk) are very good for chiffon.You could try "Shibori" work on the fabric which gives you very interesting patterns.

      Roll the chiffon on a round pole( 2-3 inches Diameter) .Tie the fabric with a thick rope so it doesnt become loose.Now use a flat brush and apply very freely the Pebeo faric colours, depending on which shades you need.Let the colours dry for atleast 30 minutes.After it is completely dry,remove the rope and loosen the fabric out from the pole.You will find an amazing pattern formation with interesting white areas in the places where you had tied the rope.
      To obtain the pipes you could take old PVC pipes from any construction site.You may also get the rope from the same place.Here in India we get them in Hardware stores.

      Kamla.