RE: [art_education] Where should books go...art room or library?

  • Michelle Chick
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2005
      Hello All from Ohio,

      I agree that Art books should be kept in the art room. I also believe that there should be some books in the library for those students who might not be in the art room all the time. This way you spark art in more than just the art room. For books kept in open book shelves you could place clear plastic over the top edge and let it hand down to cover your books this was they are still visible and accessible. You can get the rolls of heavy plastic at the fabric store in the upholstery section. The majority of the art books I have purchased myself and allow the kids to check them out just like at the library. I write my name in several places in the books the cover, first page and the again at the fold of the book on page 50. All art books have at least 50 pages and no one ever looks at the fold at the center of the book. This way if someone tells me not this is my book I can go to one place and make sure.

      Sincerely,
      Michelle