RE: [art_education] Re: Hi and Elliot Eisner

  • Monica
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi Ken,
      Thank you very much for your welcome, for the quick answer and help.
      Now, I am trying to find out in which book Eisner talks about the seven ways
      of knowing.
      I also would like to thank the people from the list that e-mailed me
      privately.
      It seems there is very open and kind people here, so I want to stay !
      Thank you again,
      Mónica A. Pastorino
      monica@...

      Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:37:23 -0300
      From: "Monica" <monica@...>
      Subject: Hi and Elliot Eisner

      Dear art educators,

      My name is Msnica and I have just joined the list. I am a teacher and am
      about to get my univ. degree in Psicopedagogia. I am from Buenos Aires,
      Argentina. At present, I am doing research on giftedness and talent and I am
      focused on multiple intelligences. I am also very interested in the art
      experience as a way of growing and having experiences that can4t be acquired
      by any other means.

      I would very much like to ask if anyone knows about Elliot Eisner, an art
      prof. at Stanford University. He has stated seven ways of knowing. I am
      interested in these ways of knowing but I can4t find where (in which
      book)
      Eisner talks about them. So, if anyone happens to know the book where Eisner
      talks about these seven ways of knowing, I would be grateful if you could
      please email me.

      I must say I am impressed by the movement of the list and by its quality !

      Thank you very much in advance for your help and attention,

      Msnica
      monica@...

      __________________________________
      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

      ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In
      low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/PcIolB/TM
    • Michelle Chick
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2005
        M�nica,

        Welcome first off!

        Here are a few sources that might be helpful for you if you need more let me know, I am sure that I have more books around here that could be of some help.

        Eisner, Elliot, W. (1994 06 01, Summer). Commentary: Putting multiple intelligences in context: Some questions and observations. Teachers College Record, 95(4), 555-560.

        Eisner, E. W. (1982). Cognition and curriculum: A basis for deciding what to teach. New York: Longman.

        Eisner, E. W. (1994). Cognition and curriculum reconsidered. New York: Teachers College Press.

        Gardner, H. (1983). Frames of mind: The theory of multiple intelligences. New York: BasicBooks.

        Sincerely,

        Michelle

        Monica <monica@...> wrote:
        Dear art educators,

        My name is M�nica and I have just joined the list. I am a teacher and am
        about to get my univ. degree in Psicopedagogia. I am from Buenos Aires,
        Argentina. At present, I am doing research on giftedness and talent and I am
        focused on multiple intelligences. I am also very interested in the art
        experience as a way of growing and having experiences that can�t be acquired
        by any other means.

        I would very much like to ask if anyone knows about Elliot Eisner, an art
        prof. at Stanford University. He has stated seven ways of knowing. I am
        interested in these ways of knowing but I can�t find where (in which book)
        Eisner talks about them. So, if anyone happens to know the book where Eisner
        talks about these seven ways of knowing, I would be grateful if you could
        please email me.

        I must say I am impressed by the movement of the list and by its quality !

        Thank you very much in advance for your help and attention,

        M�nica
        monica@...

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • monica
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2005
          Hi Michelle !

          Thank you for your warm welcome !
          I am on holidays now, as I have just finished the last exam of my career. Now, I have to prepare the final work (a kind of thesis) and for that work I need to read Eisner. That`s the reason why I am searching this bibliography.
          When I come back to Buenos Aires, I will be letting you know if I need anything from those books. Thank you so much for your help.
          I have read "Frames of mind" and I already have it. Do you know?: Gardner has reformuled his theory and has issued a new book where he states two new more intelligences, so now, they are nine!
          Regarding the books "Cognition and Curriculum", they are already translated into Spanish, so I can get them easily. What I am sure, I do not have is the first book of the list and maybe I will be making you some questions on it. It seems it is very close to the subject of my thesis.
          I want to thank you very much for your kind help and attention and I am sure we will be getting in contact after Easter.
          Best regards !
          Mònica
          monica@...
          monicapastorino@...
          monicapastorino@...

          From: Michelle Chick <madague@...>
          Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:20:32 -0800 (PST)

          Mónica,

          Welcome first off!

          Here are a few sources that might be helpful for you if you need more let me know, I am sure that I have more books around here that could be of some help.

          Eisner, Elliot, W. (1994 06 01, Summer). Commentary: Putting multiple intelligences in context: Some questions and observations. Teachers College Record, 95(4), 555-560.

          Eisner, E. W. (1982). Cognition and curriculum: A basis for deciding what to teach. New York: Longman.

          Eisner, E. W. (1994). Cognition and curriculum reconsidered. New York: Teachers College Press.

          Gardner, H. (1983). Frames of mind: The theory of multiple intelligences. New York: BasicBooks.

          Sincerely,

          Michelle

          Monica <monica@...> wrote:
          Dear art educators,

          My name is Mónica and I have just joined the list. I am a teacher and am
[...]

          Mónica
          monica@...

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Yahoo! Groups Links