Re: Hi and Elliot Eisner

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
      Monica,

      Welcome to the group! I heard Elliot Eisner speak back
      in the 1970s. I found the following Eisner books for
      sale at amazon.com:

      The Arts and the Creation of Mind -- by Elliot Eisner;
      Paperback
      Buy new: $18.00 -- Used & new from: $17.09

      The Arts and the Creation of Mind -- by Elliot Eisner,
      Elliot W. Eisner; Hardcover
      Buy new: $38.00 -- Used & new from: $38.06

      The Kind of Schools We Need : Personal Essays -- by
      Elliot W. Eisner; Paperback
      Buy new: $23.00 -- Used & new from: $12.00

      Enlightened Eye, The: Qualitative Inquiry and the
      Enhancement of Educational Practice -- by Elliot W.
      Eisner; Paperback
      Buy new: $29.00 -- Used & new from: $25.95

      The Educational Imagination: On the Design and
      Evaluation of School Programs (3rd Edition) -- by
      Elliot W. Eisner; Paperback
      Buy new: $66.67 -- Used & new from: $48.95

      Ken

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
        Hi Ken,
        Thank you very much for your welcome, for the quick answer and help.
        Now, I am trying to find out in which book Eisner talks about the seven ways
        of knowing.
        I also would like to thank the people from the list that e-mailed me
        privately.
        It seems there is very open and kind people here, so I want to stay !
        Thank you again,
        Mónica A. Pastorino
        monica@...

        Welcome to the group! I heard Elliot Eisner speak back in the 1970s. I found
        the following Eisner books for sale at amazon.com:

        The Arts and the Creation of Mind -- by Elliot Eisner; Paperback Buy new:
        $18.00 -- Used & new from: $17.09

        The Arts and the Creation of Mind -- by Elliot Eisner, Elliot W. Eisner;
        Hardcover Buy new: $38.00 -- Used & new from: $38.06

        The Kind of Schools We Need : Personal Essays -- by Elliot W. Eisner;
        Paperback Buy new: $23.00 -- Used & new from: $12.00

        Enlightened Eye, The: Qualitative Inquiry and the Enhancement of Educational
        Practice -- by Elliot W.
        Eisner; Paperback
        Buy new: $29.00 -- Used & new from: $25.95

        The Educational Imagination: On the Design and Evaluation of School Programs
        (3rd Edition) -- by Elliot W. Eisner; Paperback Buy new: $66.67 -- Used &
        new from: $48.95

        Ken

        My name is Msnica and I have just joined the list. I am a teacher and am
        about to get my univ. degree in Psicopedagogia. I am from Buenos Aires,
        Argentina. At present, I am doing research on giftedness and talent and I am
        focused on multiple intelligences. I am also very interested in the art
        experience as a way of growing and having experiences that can4t be acquired
        by any other means.

        I would very much like to ask if anyone knows about Elliot Eisner, an art
        prof. at Stanford University. He has stated seven ways of knowing. I am
        interested in these ways of knowing but I can4t find where (in which
        book)
        Eisner talks about them. So, if anyone happens to know the book where Eisner
        talks about these seven ways of knowing, I would be grateful if you could
        please email me.

        I must say I am impressed by the movement of the list and by its quality !

        Thank you very much in advance for your help and attention,

        Msnica
        monica@...

        __________________________________
        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In
        low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/PcIolB/TM
      • Michelle Chick
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10, 2005
          M�nica,

          Welcome first off!

          Here are a few sources that might be helpful for you if you need more let me know, I am sure that I have more books around here that could be of some help.

          Eisner, Elliot, W. (1994 06 01, Summer). Commentary: Putting multiple intelligences in context: Some questions and observations. Teachers College Record, 95(4), 555-560.

          Eisner, E. W. (1982). Cognition and curriculum: A basis for deciding what to teach. New York: Longman.

          Eisner, E. W. (1994). Cognition and curriculum reconsidered. New York: Teachers College Press.

          Gardner, H. (1983). Frames of mind: The theory of multiple intelligences. New York: BasicBooks.

          Sincerely,

          Michelle

          Monica <monica@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • monica
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2005
            Hi Michelle !

            Thank you for your warm welcome !
            I am on holidays now, as I have just finished the last exam of my career. Now, I have to prepare the final work (a kind of thesis) and for that work I need to read Eisner. That`s the reason why I am searching this bibliography.
            When I come back to Buenos Aires, I will be letting you know if I need anything from those books. Thank you so much for your help.
            I have read "Frames of mind" and I already have it. Do you know?: Gardner has reformuled his theory and has issued a new book where he states two new more intelligences, so now, they are nine!
            Regarding the books "Cognition and Curriculum", they are already translated into Spanish, so I can get them easily. What I am sure, I do not have is the first book of the list and maybe I will be making you some questions on it. It seems it is very close to the subject of my thesis.
            I want to thank you very much for your kind help and attention and I am sure we will be getting in contact after Easter.
            Best regards !
            Mònica
            monica@...
            monicapastorino@...
            monicapastorino@...

            From: Michelle Chick <madague@...>
            Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:20:32 -0800 (PST)

            Mónica,

            Welcome first off!

            Here are a few sources that might be helpful for you if you need more let me know, I am sure that I have more books around here that could be of some help.

            Eisner, Elliot, W. (1994 06 01, Summer). Commentary: Putting multiple intelligences in context: Some questions and observations. Teachers College Record, 95(4), 555-560.

            Eisner, E. W. (1982). Cognition and curriculum: A basis for deciding what to teach. New York: Longman.

            Eisner, E. W. (1994). Cognition and curriculum reconsidered. New York: Teachers College Press.

            Gardner, H. (1983). Frames of mind: The theory of multiple intelligences. New York: BasicBooks.

            Sincerely,

            Michelle

            Monica <monica@...> wrote:
            Dear art educators,

            My name is Mónica and I have just joined the list. I am a teacher and am
[...]

            Mónica
            monica@...

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Links