Resource for photographs - site

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      I found some very interesting photographs of African
      Americans from the 1930's on this site. I didn't try
      the search feature.

      14. The Doris Ulmann Photograph Collection
      http://libweb.uoregon.edu/catdept/digcol/ulmann/index.html

      Born in New York City in 1882, Doris Ulmann was a
      graduate of the school of the Ethical Culture Society,
      a socially liberal organization that was know
      for championing individual worth regardless of ethnic
      background or economic condition. Over her life,
      Ulmann documented the rural people of the American
      South and also created a series of prominent
      intellectuals of the day, including John Dewey and
      Lewis Mumford. Recently, the University of Oregon
      Libraries created this fine digital collection that
      provides access to 1,800 of approximately 12,000
      images from the Ulman Photograph Collection.
      Visitors to the site can browse the collection or
      perform advanced searches utilizing such fields as
      title, description, and photo date.

      From Scout Report
      >From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout
      Project 1994-2005.
      http://scout.wisc.edu/

      I will be adding this resource to my Photography Links
      page.

      Incredible Art Resources

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!