NAEA Conference - Visit these presentations

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Site updates took me MUCH longer than I anticipated. I
      didn't get around to doing an Art News feature about
      list members presenting at NAEA Conference in
      Boston....Best wishes to all of you and I hope you
      have a full house. Here is the list of presenters (my
      apologies if I missed someone).

      Nicole Brisco
      NAEA Conference 2005
      Road Tested AP Concepts: Part III
      Saturday 8:00 a.m.

      Nicole has an Art Room on IAD - check it out.
      ------------------------------------

      Barry Lucy
      3D design portfolio issues and
      recruiting diverse student populations.
      Sunday, 8:00 am for 3D presentation with Pat Lamb and
      Steve Willis
      Tuesday, 8:00 am. for multicultural issues with Steve
      Willis and Quiquia Calhoun. Title of the 3D is "Lost
      in Space" and Steve is facilitator for the multi, so
      he would have the title for it. I am
      part of the panel on that one.
      Barry Lucy

      ---------------------------------

      Rachel Smith
      Monday 8:00 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.
      Censorship in Public Schools
      112 Hynes C.C., Plaza Level
      --------------------------------

      Sandra Snyder

      329-"Famembering Ova Deh!"-Gullah Roots

      An interdisciplinary arts exploration of the West
      African cultural roots of
      the

      Gullah Geechee people will be presented through active
      participation in mask

      making, music, and dance. Participants will use paper
      sculpting techniques

      create masks with West African designs and will learn
      basic Mande dance

      movements.

      Presented by: Susan J. Slavik with Sandra Snyder,
      Jennifer Cook

      Ticket Fee: $30.00 Limit: 25

      ****************************8

      Sun 2:00 PM to 2:50 PM

      Professional Development 201 Hynes C.C., 2nd. Level

      Trips and Tips for Curriculum Development/CI

      This slide show presentation will touch on our
      experiences for professional
      development as well as

      development of standards based lesson plans though
      world experience from
      travel.

      Presented by: Susan J. Slavik with Diane Bucci,
      Jennifer Anthony, Sandra
      Snyder

      ---------------------------------------
      Harold Olejarz

      Sat 8 am George Szekely - The Video Art of Children -
      My essay Capturing the Moving Present: Digital Video
      in the Art Room is included in Video Art for the
      Classroom edited by George Szekely. The
      book is being published by the National Art Education
      Association and George asked me to present along with
      him and several others who are included in the book.

      Sat 3:00 PM to 3:50 PM
      Technology 206 Hynes C.C., 2nd. Level
      Digital Images�From Pixels to Prints/ALL
      Presented by: Harold Olejarz

      Mon 4:00 PM to 4:50 PM
      Technology 311 Hynes C.C., 3rd. Level
      Digital Video in the Artroom/ALL
      Presented by: Harold Olejarz
      -------------------------------

      Jane Beckwith in Brooklyn.

      I have put in a long post on the Nudity strand. My
      research this year has mostly dealt with what I call
      "Teachers Who Can..." They are ones who have found
      methods to present difficult subject matter
      or images. I have found some conditions that allow for
      such exploration, as well as impediments. I hope
      anyone interested in sharing their experiences will
      come to one of the three Roundtables. They are on
      Saturday, 7-9:30. Each one lasts about 45
      minutes.

      Deborah Kramer
      I am presenting an I-movie workshop on Sunday March 6,
      2 pm, at the conference
      --------------------------------

      Linda Kieling
      Monday 5:00 - 5:50 313 Hynes CC 3rd level
      East Coast/West Coast: Middle School Art Students
      Construct Problems, Make and Communicate Meaning (with
      Margaret Johnson and Susan Cooper)

      -------------------------------------

      Maggie White
      Sat., 8 a.m
      Don't Just Survive--Thrive! It's about my first
      year as a middle school teacher, with some tips on
      management and surefire lessons that win them over.
      ----------------------------------

      Joani Share
      Art Advocacy
      "The Cutting Edge"- Tuesday March 8th
      from 11:00 to 11:50 Room 104 Hynes C.C., Plaza Level
      -----------------------------------

      Ann Ayers
      Ellen McMillan and I will be presenting 3 workshops

      Friday, 10:00 - 10:50
      The Triangle Transformed�A Unique Sculptural Book!

      Friday, 5:00 PM to 5:50 PM
      "Pages"�Inside the Artist Sketchbook

      Sun 4:00 PM to 4:50 PM
      ArtTech�Art Teachers Going Digital!
      ------------------------------------

      Kay Broadwater
      I am presenting at 8:00 am on Saturday morning:
      Patterns from Arabia to the Renaissance.
      All are welcome.

      -------------------------------------

      TAB Choice Presentations

      Fri 10 AM Cathy Topal - Building blocks of
      architecture
      Fri 4 Pm Clyde Gaw & Clark Fralick - Transition to
      choice-based art teaching (TAB)
      Sat 8 am George Szekely - the video art of children
      Sat 4 pm Peter London holistic art education
      Sun 8 am Clyde Gaw and Clark Fralick - electronic
      portfolios and choice (TAB)
      Sun 11 am - Diane Jaquith and John Crowe - authentic
      collaboration (TAB)
      Sun 4 pm Kathy Douglas, Cathy Topal, Bob Hepner -
      Panel discussion on the power of objects (TAB
      connection)
      Mon 8 am - Diane Jaquith - This is not art, this is
      engineering: found object sculpture (TAB)
      Mon 2 pm - John Giordano and John Crowe - nurturing
      the artist/teacher

      Saturday 5-7 pm Salon reception "Boox&Dex&Box with
      George Szekely et. al sponsored by TAB

      Friday-Tuesday (hours TBA) "Art from Choice-Based
      Schools" exhibit at the Arnheim Gallery, Mass.
      College of Art, Huntington Avenue (near conference)
      Work from 17 schools in 6 states, accompanied by
      photos, multimedia and student artist statements.
      --------------------------------

      Pam Stephens
      Dropping in on Picasso (Pam Stephens) - screening of
      my new video, "Dropping in on Picasso" and some tips
      how to use the video in the classroom; lesson
      summary to use with the video will be provided
      1:00 - 1:50 Friday

      Outreach as Advocacy (Pam Stephens with undergraduate
      pre-service students Kim Lincoln, Shelly Scott, and
      Susan Stark) - Overview of outreach programs
      that pre-service students at Northern AZ University
      provide to the community; introduction to the research
      they are conducting; handouts
      provided
      2:30 - 2:55 Sunday

      Enjoy the conference all! Bring back all of those good
      ideas and share with us.

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo