Arts and Crafts Supply Companies

  • Erin Doty
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
      Do any of you have any arts and crafts supply companies that you recommend?
      I teach K-8 art and am looking for some different companies to look at.

      Thanks!
      Erin

    • gloria wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
        I like ordering from Nasco (1-800-558-3535), Sax Arts and Crafts (1-800-558-6696), or Dick Blick.

        Erin Doty <erin@...> wrote:Do any of you have any arts and crafts supply companies that you recommend?
        I teach K-8 art and am looking for some different companies to look at.

        Thanks!
        Erin

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • gpercy1
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
          Greetings-

          I prefer Sax and Nasco...Close by (in state-Wisconsin) and they carry my CDs-Never used
          Dick Blick...(coincidently, they don't carry my CDs-Working on it for 3 years...argh!.) Sorry
          about the shameless self promotion...But I do use Sax and Nasco exclusively-Carol Miller
          (Sax Sales Rep) is very helpful...

          Thanks,

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, gloria wilson <jannette1908@y...> wrote:
          > I like ordering from Nasco (1-800-558-3535), Sax Arts and Crafts (1-800-558-6696),
          or Dick Blick.

          > Erin Doty <erin@v...> wrote:Do any of you have any arts and crafts supply companies
          that you recommend?
          > I teach K-8 art and am looking for some different companies to look at.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Erin

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Butler, Jan
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
            Erin and Gloria, I also like Dick Blick. I have a local art supply store I
            go to and met the owner. He give us 20-40% off of retail because I told him
            I would bring most of my business to him. He does and I do and it's working
            well. He sends sale notices also. Most of the online companies will also
            send you notices of sales if you sign up to receive them. Hapy hunting,
            Jan
            I like ordering from Nasco (1-800-558-3535), Sax Arts and Crafts
            (1-800-558-6696), or Dick Blick.

            Erin Doty <erin@...> wrote:Do any of you have any arts and crafts
            supply companies that you recommend?
            I teach K-8 art and am looking for some different companies to look at.

            Thanks!
            Erin

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129s1d7ht/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
            D=groups/S=1705019151:HM/EXP=1109706503/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt
            p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
            s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=434839266>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kris Fontes
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
              Nasco, Dick Blick, Sax and United will all give you a discount if you ask for it...I'm talking about your major requisitions that are ordered with a purchase order. We did it this year and saved a ton of money.

            • klpoos@hometel.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
                Do any of you have any arts and crafts supply companies that you
                recommend?
                I teach K-8 art and am looking for some different companies to look at.

                Thanks!
                Erin

                Hi Erin, The best prices that I have seen are in Nasco and Sax.
                Dick Blick is way too high for my budget. Nasco has very good
                products and so does Sax at very good prices if you are looking to
                save some money!!!!!
              • egfmary
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
                  I order the bulk of my district's elementary art supplies from
                  Triarco. I ask for bid pricing and I have found that they have very
                  competitive prices. Good service, too.