Re: [art_education] Has anyone heard of the Artomat?

  • Renah Bell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2005
      What a brilliant idea. I wonder if they have one near us. Is it patented?
      I'll try to contact them and let you know.
      Renah Bell( Not today, though)
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2005
        there are a few located around the University of the Arts in
        Philadelphia. The book artists there sell their work through it. It is
        an old cigarette machine and all the art is the size of a cigarette
        pack.

        Maryanne Buschini

        On Feb 25, 2005, at 2:24 PM, Renah Bell wrote:

        > What a brilliant idea. I wonder if they have one near us. Is it
        > patented?
        > I'll try to contact them and let you know.
        > Renah Bell( Not today, though)

      • Fields, Linda
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2005
          Art-o-Mat was originated here in North Carolina in 1997 by an artist named Clark Whittington. The inspiration came while he was observing the Pavlovian reaction to the crinkle of cellophane. A friend of his noticed Clark's sketches of vending machines and helped him locate a recently-banned cigarette machine and suggested that Clark use it to vend artwork. The first was installed in a cafe in Winston-Salem in 1997 and sold Clark's work. It remains there today. Now other artists are involved in the production of work. Whittington solely owns and operates the Art-o-mat project. There are 64 machines and 400 artists from 10 countries participating. Another can be found here in Greensboro at the Greenhill Center for North Carolina Art. Linda in NC

          there are a few located around the University of the Arts in
          Philadelphia. The book artists there sell their work through it. It is
          an old cigarette machine and all the art is the size of a cigarette
          pack.

          Maryanne Buschini

          On Feb 25, 2005, at 2:24 PM, Renah Bell wrote:

          > What a brilliant idea. I wonder if they have one near us. Is it
          > patented?
          > I'll try to contact them and let you know.
          > Renah Bell( Not today, though)

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PcIolB/TM

          Delivered by GCSnet (t36)

          This email is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, retransmission, copying, or taking action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the information immediately. All email correspondence to and from this email address may be subject to NC Public Records Law which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement."
          Outbound by GCSnet (b37)