Re: [art_education] Tragedy in NY

  • tpersis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 17, 2001
      i like the idea of the poem
      incorporated with the flag--
      thank you

      at this time i usually do a cityscape project with my fifth graders..
      I think i still will, and now there be so many new meanings created
      by what these children have experienced.
    • Ken Rohrer
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
        Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
        courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

      • kc
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
          > Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
          > courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

          ----

          ----

          ----
        • kc
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
            Dear Ken, Hi, I'm a teacher from a small school from Maine. Thank you for
            sending the children's pictures. Children hit the core on how our school
            feels. Kim

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 18, 2001
              > Following are some children's pictures of the tragedy
              > courtesy of http://www.kiddonet.com/

              ----

              ----

              ----
            • Sue Freeland
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 19, 2001
                Need your help!!cause you guys are the best! Can we put our heads together
                and come up with one or more projects created by our art classes that would
                make a difference and inspire people in our own towns?
                I love the idea of an international protest and my students are currently
                making posters for the Lion's Club Peace poster contest (incredible timing!)
                Theme this year "Lighting the pathway to peace."
                What I would like to do is some kind of permanent sculpture or mural or
                whatever so that people will not forget those who died but also to
                strengthen the ties that have brought us together even if it is in grief.
                Strangers no longer walk by without acknowledgement. They look you in the
                eye and the sentiment is there, a nod, a smile a sort of recognition of
                another soul going through the same pain.
                Sorry...it's getting late. But really, does anyone have a suggestion for
                some kind of memorial like this...something that would be around a while?
                Thanks,
                Sue
              • DeAnn Hanisch
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 2, 2001
                  I'm not sure if this is along the lines you are
                  thinking, but have you looked at the quilt Faith
                  Ringgold created for the Oklahoma City Bombing? Her
                  work is so powerful! You may get some inspiration!

                  http://phone.yahoo.com
                • Smileatsusan@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 3, 2001
                    I'd love to see that site. We have an exhibit of Faith's coming to our
                    community this Winter!
                    -Susan
                  • Ken Rohrer
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 15, 2001
                      Hi all,
                      Teri Mason, who is helping me with the art site, sent
                      me this message a few days ago. She says she posted it
                      to this group but I don't remember reading it.

                      William Saunders Mason, IV "Liam"
                      born 10/08/01 9:33 am
                      6lbs, 13 oz
                      via emergency c-section, after 30 hrs of natural labor

                      I'm sure this will keep her busy and we won't be able
                      to update the art site much.
                      Ken

                      http://personals.yahoo.com