Foil Tooling Project - elementary or middle

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      A few days ago foil tooling was discussed on one of the list serves.... I
      just found this great lesson on Blake School site. Here are some really nice
      Inca Masks.
      http://www.blakeschool.org/aaa/arts/gallery/lower/98inca/index.html

      These were done by fourth graders - but could be adapted to middle school. I
      know middle schoolers study the Inca in Social Studies around here. I sent
      email to the teacher asking for her plan for IAD.

      I liked the Aboriginal Dreamtime paintings by kindergarten, too.
      http://www.blakeschool.org/aaa/arts/gallery/lower/painting/abo/index.html

      Mosaic and Judy Onofrio fans will want to check out the middle school
      sculptures:
      http://www.blakeschool.org/aaa/arts/gallery/middle/0102memorysculpture/index
      .html

      I have had fun exploring this site.....but now back to work.

      Judy Decker

      P.S. for Sue and K Denne - If you do the abstract foil tooling project with
      colored frame- I would like to put it on IAD. I can put links to the images
      on Arts and Activities (or was it School Arts?) and credit the original
      author. I found images of the same lesson years ago - and they are different
      that the ones on the magazine site - so the lesson has been around for a
      while. I just can't use the image I saved to file.