Re: [art_education] STRUGGLING

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
      The most important thing is to teach them to appreciate nature around them.
      God is the original artist and he has put so much colour in everything we see around us.
      Children like to get out of classrfoom sessions.
      So take them into the garden and teach them to take leaf impressions and collect flowers in the nature study class.
      Let them first draw each flower and then colour it in a colour of their choice.Leaf patterns make a very inetersting study.

      I have a lot of books with animal and bird pictures.
      Ask each child: Which is their favourite animal.?
      Take the patterns from the animal's body and let them use it in any design form.A giraffe has very interesting patterns on its body.
      All thebirds have interesting colours too.The beaks and claws of each bird varies depending on what it eats.
      The butterfly class is a fun session.I ask the kids to paint and make their own butterflies.

      Human study starts with a self portrait which the kids love to do.

      From,
      Kamla
      Chennai,India.

      tmwillis72 <tmwillis72@...> wrote:

      I was wondering if anyone could help. I am in my second year teaching
      and I am still struggling with lessons. I am not sure how to motivate
      my students when I have a new project to start. I am feeling lost and
      a bit like I am just filling time. I love my job but want to feel
      like I am really reaching them.

      Each day I sit and struggle with the idea of how to present a lesson
      and how to "hook" my students.

      Any feedback would be helpful.

      Tammy