RE: [art_education] SLAB BOX HELP

  • Charlot Cassar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi Carol

      And happy new year to you too!

      Slab pots can be a taxing exerice with kids, especially if you have a lot of
      them and only see them once a week. I would go with your suggestion and have
      them decorate a tile instead. Any remaining clay slabs could be used for
      some other exerice. Have the kids cut the slabs up (as if they were tearing
      paper), press patterns in the clay, and then build some kind of vase or bowl
      by sticking the bits of clay together. They could also cut out shapes to
      stick on the tile.

      In the future, if you are really thinking in terms of slab pots, I would
      have pieces of wood to use as guides for the thickness!

      Charlot