Re: [art_education] What is your area of "expertise"?

  • Rodney
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29 7:38 PM
      From: "Judy Decker" <JDecker@...>
      To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@...>; "ArtsEducators"
      <ArtsEducators@yahoogroups.com>; "art education"
      <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 4:07 PM
      Subject: [art_education] What is your area of "expertise"?

      mailto:Jdecker@... )
      > :
      >
      > Location (state only)?Wiscsonsin
      >
      > Name (preferably first and last? Barbara M. Boville
      >
      > Email address (include a summer address)?rboville@...

      > Position/levels taught? 1-5 elementary art
      >
      > Area of interest ("expertise")? I enjoy teaching units related to art
      history, Asian arts, Cave, NativeAmerican, Mexican, etc.

      > Medium you particularly like to teach?
      > paint and clay
      >
      > Please accept my apology for sending out two very similar email -- but I
      > want to attract more teachers to my list of "experts" - and the two
      separate
      > subject headings was necessary (folks who have replied in past years have
      > been included). I will continue to add to the list and send it out when
      > completed (hopefully by the end of this week). This list will not be
      posted
      > to Incredible Art Department to protect your privacy and to avoid more
      Spam
      > mail. I will post that I have updated the list from time to time and will
      > offer to send it out via attachment (off list) so you can update your file
      > as well.
      >
      > This list is for anyone who is a member of these list groups - you do not
      > have to be a teacher to be included in the data base.
      >
      > Judy Decker

    • claire-lise veronese
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2003

        Dear Judy,

        thank you for your website. Everything is interesting !

        Would you please excuse my english. I'm teaching in Switzerland in a private school.

        My name is: Veronese Claire-Lise

        e-mail address: clveronese@...

        I have students from 12 to 19 years old.

        I enjoy teaching units related to art history.

        And I prefer drawing then painting.

        Just one thing........the translation you made by AltaVista is really incomprehensible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Have a good day.

        Claire-Lise Veronese

      • crasm@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2003
          Hi!

          I love this site--I feel like I'm in a building with other art teachers--as usually we are pretty isolated.

          My name is Susan Greenwald.  I am teaching in Ohio.  My e-mail is CRASM@....  I am currently teaching elementary art K-5.  I love to teach drawing and crafts to the kids.  I also like to paint with children.  However, the time constraints and back-to-back classes make me want to paint less.  If I do, there is not enough time to cleanup as a class is always waiting at the door.  We have 40 minute classes without transition time.  I've tried to change it, but this system is very inflexible.

          My area of interest currently is jewelry, pmc and beading.  If anyone in the Ohio area is interested in learning about PMC--it is a clay that is 99.9 % silver when fired, please e-mail me. Within a few hours, you can create silver jewelry.  It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!   I am setting up weekend workshops in Cleveland and possibly Columbus for next year. Please contact me at CRASM@...  for more information.

          Again, thanks for all the hard work. It is certainly an important service to all the teachers.

          Sincerely,

          Susan Greenwald
        • renoir2@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2003
            My name is Deborah Taylor. I am currently teaching 3-8 grade. 3-5 at
            intermediate school, 6-8 at middle school.
            I teach in Texas. My email address is renoir2@.... I love to
            teach drawing, painting and weaving. I also enjoy sharing information
            about various artists and then doing an art activtiy based on an
            artist's work.
            I have lots of interests. I have become interested in creating woven
            wire jewelry through this list but would love to find some books or
            websites that have pictures of examples. I am currently teaching myself
            how to paint with oils. My area of expertise is drawing but I'm trying
            to broaden my horizons.
            Deborah Taylor
            art teacher 3-8
          • Renah Bell
            Message 5 of 8 , May 27, 2003
              Dear Susuan,
              Please give me more info about PMC clay.
              Thank you.
              Renah Bell,
              Art teacher-middle school
              Lawrence, New York.
              renah@...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2003
                Hi, I don't know if you got the letter I just wrote. I'm very interested in finding out about the PMC. How can I get it? What does it cost? I'd love to see some of the things you've done with it.
                I teach 6,7, and 8---the very tough but delightful students in the middle school.I'm always looking for something new and challenging for them.
                I look forward to hearing from you.
                Renah Bell
                renah@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 24, 2003
                  Yes, I'm curious about the PMC too and would love to see some of what you do with your students.  I teach middle school as well.

                  Kelli Wilke

                  Do you Yahoo!?