Nice little book - Understanding Modern Art

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      It is funny.... I am now rediscovering all of my
      books...Once technology came (Internet) I no longer
      had time to use my books it seems...and art books were
      one of my "passions" before Internet. I must say I am
      no longer addicted to buying books... I got out of
      Waldenbooks the other day without buying one bargain
      book....I did hold them and look at them...some GREAT
      deals. Worth taking a look...anyways.

      This litte book - Understanding Modern Art (by
      Bohm-Duchen and Cook) - is jam packed with good
      material for elementary through middle school teachers
      (OK a good refresher for high school, too). Book is 64
      pages - mine is paper back and sold for $7.95 when I
      bought it- ISBN 0-7460-0475-3
      The reproductions in it are small - but you could find
      larger ones online for just about all that are in this
      book (I know I have seen them in my web wanderings).
      The book is organized by Themes in Modern art - then
      deals with some good "aesthetic" issues - and has
      brief bios (just a paragraph) of many artists and
      summarizes all of the isms and gives you a time frame
      for each one...I must say - I forgot some of those
      isms over the years.

      Barb Y and Anne R if you are reading...a nice addition
      to your Modern Art print sets you are getting.

      Cheers,

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail