Life size student portraits - using old technology

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
      Greetings Cynthia and all,

      I am going to take a stab at your problem....

      What if you took the digital portraits of the kids -
      and change them to line drawing (all photo programs
      have that feature)...Print these out - then have the
      kids go over the main lines with an ultra fine point
      black line. Run these off on photocopier
      transparencies. You can get a couple kids on each
      sheet.

      Use the over head projector to get them onto the
      cardboard. You could even have two kids tracing at a
      time. The rest of the kiddos could be working ont
      another project as the lights don't need to be turned
      off. I know this works... I have projected kids
      drawings up using transparencies.

      Print the original digital photos out for the kids to
      use as reference when painting or adding collage
      elements. If you do them as collage like Mark - kids
      could be hunting for stuff while students do the
      tracing onto cardboard. You could do these as a group
      project the first year....only have one figure per
      table for the kids to complete. That would take much
      less time.

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • shebaduhkitty@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judith Decker
        <jdecker4art@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings Cynthia and all,
        Use the over head projector to get them onto the
        > cardboard.

        Judy, I guess I will have to see if anyone has one of these in my
        building ;) our district has gone all high-tech and no longer have
        low tech stuffs like overheads
        Cynthia