Artist Research - Ceramics Project for High School

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I am just testing right now to see if this goes
      through (slow mail day today - and wondering what's
      up).

      Judie Jacobs, Marvin Bartel and I have all done artist
      research projects for ceramics. A descrition of
      Marvin's lesson can be found in Getty Novemeber
      archives:
      http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Nov04/date.html
      See artist research for clay
      http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Nov04/0116.html

      I have put a combination of Judie's lesson and mine
      online:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/ceramics-Judie2.htm

      Judie's worksheet and evaluation form is included (I
      tweaked it a little).

      I didn't wait for Judie to give me the OK...so I hope
      I haven't told too many lies. I will eventually write
      up my lesson for traditional coil vessels (for the
      Matisse piece I decribed) and for the House for Grant
      Wood example I described). My House for Vincent
      example is on my site.

      Regards,

      Judy

      =====