Artist Trading Cards

  • Kristina Karlsson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 8, 2004
      To all artists/non-artists/students/other who wish to participate,

      I am teaching highschool art (greade 9,10,11) in Montreal and have begun a
      new project... ARTIST TRADING CARDS. What would really add to this
      excitement would be to trade, by mail, with others who wish to recieve a
      variety of cards in return for ones they send themselves. Why not give
      some artistic inspiration to these future artists? Send me as many cards
      as you like and I will send you the same number of cards from a variety of
      people and locations (return postage/money appreciated) in return. More
      people = more variety. I will also acknowlege all artists who participate
      by posting images at www.kristinakarlsson.com/atc (site not yet up).

      If you're interested then send me your cards!!!.......

      Kristina Karlsson
      402-2750 Kent Ave
      Montreal QC H3S 1M7

      One last note: the only requirement for the cards is that they have to
      look like at least some thought and effort when into their making and they
      need to be 2.5 by 3.5 inches in size with the name, location, and date
      written ont he back. More information on ATCs can be found at:

      http://www.artist-trading-cards.ch

      Chow,

      Kristina in Montreal...
    • shebaduhkitty@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2004
        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Kristina Karlsson
        <kristina.karlsson@u...> wrote:
        > To all artists/non-artists/students/other who wish to participate,
        > Kristina in Montreal...
        There is a yahoo group that is just for kids trading with kids but I
        can't remeber the name of it. While look though, I found this one.

        I might get a group of kids going on this to trade with you.

        Sheba~Cynthia "multi-faceted creative visionary"
        The ART Site
        http://www.sheba-kitty-productions.com/
        The School Site
        http://thevirtualclassroom.org/
        The Sheba Store
        http://sheba-kitty-productions.com/store/index.html
      • RAWartist@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2004
          What grade are you thinking of doing this with?
          I teach 5th and 6th grade.
          And I just jioned the ATC group.

          Ruthe Ann

        • mmcarman109
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
            I am looking for someone in Australia or Europe to trade artist trading cards with (exchange
            student work). Artist trading cards are 3.5" x 2.5" mini artworks (google it-they are very
            interesting). I have an advanced high school class with 17 students. We have exchanged
            locally and are in the process of an exchange with a school in Canada (we are from
            Oklahoma) and have really enjoyed it. If anyone has any contacts please let me know.
          • littleredhenschool
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
              There's a Yahoo! group for artists trading cards...

              good place to ask for connections :-)

              -julie
              HomeschoolDine.com
              "a full menu of homeschool resources"
              http://www.homeschooldiner.com/

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "mmcarman109"
              <marsha_carman@...> wrote:

              > I am looking for someone in Australia or Europe to trade artist
              trading cards with (exchange
              > student work). Artist trading cards are 3.5" x 2.5" mini artworks
              (google it-they are very
              > interesting). I have an advanced high school class with 17
              students. We have exchanged
              > locally and are in the process of an exchange with a school in
              Canada (we are from
              > Oklahoma) and have really enjoyed it. If anyone has any contacts
              please let me know.

            • Pam
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                Students in my Foundations of Art Education course are creating Artist
                Trading Cards. These are being posted to the class blog at
                http://are200-421.blogspot.com/ if you would like to see them.

                We'll have more posted next week.

                You'll have no problem sorting the students who are dedicated to
                figuring out a way to incorporate this activity into a more meaningful
                context from those who quickly whipped something together. Regardless
                of qaulity, the ATCs are being posted for all to see.

                You'll also note on the blog that all students will be commenting upon
                the ATCs.

                As an aside, this is the first semester that I have used a Blog as a
                part of the course content. It has proven to be an invaluable tool in
                many ways. Not only does it encourage use of technology by engaging
                students in the actual use of a Blog, it also provides insights into
                the understanding of those students who do not talk in class.

                If you have a moment to scan the entire blog, you might enjoy the
                discussed.

                On the blog you will see a list of student names. By clicking on those
                links you will find student journals. Some are exceptional records.

                Blogs will be a definite part of future coursework for my classes.

                From Arizona,
                Pam
              • brooke3584
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 18, 2008
                  I am looking to create an ATC exchange with another art classroom. I plan on doing this with
                  my art club, which has 25 students in grades 4-6. Let me know if you are interested!
                • Sheba
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 19, 2008
                    --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "brooke3584" <brooke3584@...>
                    wrote: > I am looking to create an ATC exchange with another art
                    classroom. I plan on doing this with
                    > my art club, which has 25 students in grades 4-6. Let me know if you
                    are interested!

                    I would love to do this with my club, but I am 6-8 middle school and
                    should probably trade with some other middle school kids. I will talk
                    to my club this week and see what they think.

                    Sheba~Cynthia Artist/ Educator "multi-faceted creative visionary"
                    MY ART Site http://www.blog2007.sheba-kitty-productions.com
                    MY education Site http://www.blog2008.thevirtualclassroom.org
                    My classroom site http://blogs.everettsd.org/cgaub/
                    My Teacher Tube http://www.teachertube.com/uvideos.php?UID=1560
                  • Laurie
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 19, 2008
                      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "brooke3584" <brooke3584@...> wrote:

                      > I am looking to create an ATC exchange with another art classroom.
                      I plan on doing this with
                      > my art club, which has 25 students in grades 4-6. Let me know if you
                      are interested!

                      I know we'd be interested over here, I teach k-6, and my 3-6 kids do
                      make trading cards frequently.

                      laurie dyer