Native American Sites featured on Great Sites and Incredible Artists

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      Native American (and Thanksgiving) sites are featured
      on Great Sites:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/site_of_week/greatsite.html

      Native American Artists:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/site_of_week/artist_sites.html

      Send me additional sites you would like to see
      featured. I know some of your favorite artists may not
      be listed....Send me a site featuring their work and I
      will add it.

      A good lesson plan for Thanksgiving- Thanks Painting:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/jesse-thanks.htm

      Those of you wishing to do Native American projects -
      be sure to do your research. Know the group customs
      and beliefs....Know the proper materials - know the
      correct culture....and remember - the Y rattle is NOT
      Native American (It is African)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/africamusic.htm
      I have already written to the education site that has
      the Y shaped rattle as a Native American craft and
      they refuse to correct their error....but then, they
      also have toilet paper Kachinas, too.

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com