Quiet Sign for the ART Room

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      The question on how to keep elementary kids noise
      level down has come up on TAB list - and frequently
      comes up on the other art ed lists.

      I have put a page on Incredible Art Department only
      temporarily describing how to make an ART sign (after
      Ed Ruscha - ART done in 1970).
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/QUIET.htm

      I used the ART on the chalkboard method with
      elementary students and 6th grade. I didn't need it
      for 7th and 8th.

      I will write to Los Angeles County Museum for
      permission to keep the page online (I didn't find any
      contact info for Ruscha). If Sherrie Levine can do a
      Fountain (after Duchamp) - you can make a sign after
      Ruscha. You could even get creative and make it in
      different colors (have more than one).

      http://mail.yahoo.com