Re: [art_education] iron on t-shirt transfer

  • Carol Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      --- Julienn´┐Ż <artsyisjulz@...> wrote:

      > we are going to make simple t-shirt designs with the 5th graders we
      > are currently working with and i know there's a way to use wax
      > paper and a special type of pencil but i have no idea how its done
      > or what the pencil is. There may even be better ways to do this now
      > (we did it this way when I was in middle school 10 years ago so
      > there's got to be a better way). Any advice would be much
      > appreciated, we plan on doing this Friday and I need to get the
      > materials Thursday night at the latest. Thanks! ~Julie

      Dear " J",
      The Crayola company has had on the market, fabric crayons for some
      time. The crayons have a fabric dye within that is heat activitated,
      meaning you can use the crayons on a piece of white paper and the
      design is transfered by placing the art wrong side up and ironing it
      with an old iron.
      Check out the Crayola site on line to see the product and you may be
      able to purchase some in a local store. I've used it with copy paper
      and have had great results.

      ....Carol-joyuzsong

      =====
      "Art, like morality, consists by drawing the line somewhere."
      - G.K. Chesterton