Re: [art_education] i am trying to find a painting and i need help

  • Jenny Watlington
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      How about the VA flag?

      peter
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "kate livingston" <snaggle3452@...>
      To: <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 9:20 AM
      Subject: [art_education] i am trying to find a painting and i need help

      > Ok i have a tough question for everyone. I am looking for a painting. I
      > do not know the name of it or the artist. Let me describe it. There is a
      > conquistidor (sp?) laying on the ground and a woman ontop of him topless.
      > A friend of mine was looking for it and i thought "who better to ask than
      > teachers or students or someone who is really into art." If anyone has
      > any idea about what the name of this piece is or the artist of this piece,
      > please email me. Thank you so much.
      >
      > Kate

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • kate livingston
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
        hey that was a good idea but it wasnt what i was looking for... thank you though for the thought

        Jenny Watlington <pritchard1@...> wrote:How about the VA flag?

        peter
        > Ok i have a tough question for everyone. I am looking for a painting. I
        > do not know the name of it or the artist. Let me describe it. There is a
        > conquistidor (sp?) laying on the ground and a woman ontop of him topless.
        > A friend of mine was looking for it and i thought "who better to ask than
        > teachers or students or someone who is really into art." If anyone has
        > any idea about what the name of this piece is or the artist of this piece,
        > please email me. Thank you so much.
        >
        > Kate

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
          Sounds sort of like Pocahontas interceding for John Smith,
          though I couldn't pull up any images of paintings that match
          your description. I guess this might be a typical 'Indian
          princess' type of image if it attached to the Spanish
          conquerors also.

          Linda Papanicolaou