New Work by 2nd and 3rd graders on our site

  • linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi all,
      I just put on some new watercolors of birds by my Class 2 kids.
      THey drew them in india ink brush line first, then watercolored them
      with washes the next day. Also, in Class 3 there are some new
      paintings that are done in the style of Warhol. I SHowed the kids a
      powerpoint with Warhol's work and had the kids draw something that
      would be good for pop art imagery on a piece of paper. THey placed
      that paper on the window, placed a long skinny piece of paper that
      would be their final work on top of it, and traced it repeatedly on a
      long skinny page to make identical repeat images to paint. They
      painted using analogous colors that included one color family and
      whatever one or two colors they wanted to add on either side of the
      color family. They mixed a colored wash and used it in each section
      of their drawing before mixing a new color and repeating it in each
      section. I got this idea from someone else on the list. If anyone
      knows who to give credit to for the original idea, speak up! THe
      kids had fun doing it.
      Go to: http://www.sjs.org/arts/story/ and click on Class two and
      then Class Three to see these if you are interested.
      Chao,
      Linda
    • Robin Singer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
        Linda what grade level was your matisse cutouts? Robin love them

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • linda
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          The Matisse Cutouts were done by Weezie Johnston's 4th graders. I'll
          pass on your comments!
          Linda
          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Singer" <RSinger@A...>