soap block printing

  • Trevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hello Art Educators!

      I want to share this fun lesson with you all. My 3D art classes just
      started carving soap today and they are really enjoying it. We
      decided to use Keith Haring for inspiration on this project. After
      viewing his work, students created their own designs keeping in mind
      the bold lines in his work. I am glad we did because the line, shape
      and minimal detail is ideal for junior high soap carving.
      For an added bonus, my kids are creating both positive and negative
      images on the two side of a soap bar. When finished they will create
      their own subway drawing on a wall of black butcher paper to display
      in the office. I also thought it would be cool to have them print on
      a postcard, write a letter to a faculty member and mail it to school.

      If you have any more stamping ideas please share!!!

      bye,
      Trevor