i am trying to find a painting and i need help

  • kate livingston
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      Ok i have a tough question for everyone. I am looking for a painting. I do not know the name of it or the artist. Let me describe it. There is a conquistidor (sp?) laying on the ground and a woman ontop of him topless. A friend of mine was looking for it and i thought "who better to ask than teachers or students or someone who is really into art." If anyone has any idea about what the name of this piece is or the artist of this piece, please email me. Thank you so much.

      Kate

    • Jenny Watlington
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        How about the VA flag?

        peter
        > Ok i have a tough question for everyone. I am looking for a painting. I
        > do not know the name of it or the artist. Let me describe it. There is a
        > conquistidor (sp?) laying on the ground and a woman ontop of him topless.
        > A friend of mine was looking for it and i thought "who better to ask than
        > teachers or students or someone who is really into art." If anyone has
        > any idea about what the name of this piece is or the artist of this piece,
        > please email me. Thank you so much.
        >
        > Kate

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • kate livingston
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
          hey that was a good idea but it wasnt what i was looking for... thank you though for the thought

          Jenny Watlington <pritchard1@...> wrote:How about the VA flag?

          peter
          > Ok i have a tough question for everyone. I am looking for a painting. I
          > do not know the name of it or the artist. Let me describe it. There is a
          > conquistidor (sp?) laying on the ground and a woman ontop of him topless.
          > A friend of mine was looking for it and i thought "who better to ask than
          > teachers or students or someone who is really into art." If anyone has
          > any idea about what the name of this piece is or the artist of this piece,
          > please email me. Thank you so much.
          >
          > Kate

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
            Sounds sort of like Pocahontas interceding for John Smith,
            though I couldn't pull up any images of paintings that match
            your description. I guess this might be a typical 'Indian
            princess' type of image if it attached to the Spanish
            conquerors also.

            Linda Papanicolaou