Aboriginal Art - New York Times article

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 9:08 AM
      For those who do Australian Aboriginal art lessons -- I saved this article
      (first paragraph below) and will send via attachment to anyone who can not
      access the link provided (you might have to subscribe in order to get it):
      http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/24/arts/design/24ABOR.html?th

      In Australia, Modern Aboriginal Art is a Hot Commodity
      By TONY CLIFTON

      MELBOURNE, Australia, April 23 - Australia's Aborigines may have
      created one of the world's oldest art forms and have certainly created one
      of the newest. Travelers in the remote outback of central and northwestern
      Australia can see cave paintings and rock carvings that date back at least
      30,000 years. Then they can drive back to the big coastal cities and buy
      paintings by direct descendants of those ancient artists, who use modern
      paints and canvases but still refer to symbols and images that may predate
      the oldest cave paintings in Europe.