Art Games needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      Sharon Steere has just begun to substitute teach and is looking for games to
      use a time fillers at the end of the period. Please post fun activities you
      have used. I will compile them and put them all on Incredible Art
      Department. I sent Sharon the few I had on file already. I sent her the
      Blind Date activity that Kim and Maggie posted.

      From Sharon:

      Do you know of a game of Art Trivia Questions that can be used as a filler
      at the end of a art class, when students finish cleaning quicker than
      anticipated. I used a game like this at one of the schools I subbed at, and
      would like to find one like it. It was a small 3" X 5" laminated like pages
      that were riveted so they swung out as you asked the question. The multiple
      choice answers were entertaining. With some off the wall answers given that
      made the students laugh.
    • Jennifer Auble
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2003
        We play a kind of "Wheel of Fortune" game on the cholkboard.  I put blanks on the board that represent a saying about an artist or technique they learned and they divide into two teams taking turns until the winning team gets the phrase correct.  It is a good half-day or finishing activity to review for a quiz too.

        Art in a bag - put a different art reproduction in several paper bags.  Have the kids get into small groups and choose a bag.  They meet for about 5 minutes to get organized and then they act out  (with no speaking) the scene in the reproduction.  The other groups try to guess the actual title (2 points) or the name of the artist ( 1 point)  who created the artwork based on the frozen pantomime-like action of the group.  Winning teams get points for guessing the title.  This is a great year-end review of all the artists and artworks we learn about.

        Art Bingo - make blank boards that are laminated and have the kids write all the vocab words they learned from the unit on the boards in random fashion.  Read the clue or answer out loud and have them cover the words until someone gets a bingo.  Good review for quizzes too.

        >>> JDecker@... 04/14/03 01:21PM >>>
        Dear Art Educators,

        Sharon Steere has just begun to substitute teach and is looking for games to
        use a time fillers at the end of the period. Please post fun activities you
        have used. I will compile them and put them all on Incredible Art
        Department. I sent Sharon the few I had on file already. I sent her the
        Blind Date activity that Kim and Maggie posted.

        From Sharon:

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/PcIolB/TM