nibs

  • riches37215
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14 9:59 AM
      how do you clean nibs that have had ink on them for years? Someone
      gave me about three dozen. I was thinking mineral spirits. thanks
      for the help. just joined this list . Peggy
    • Michael Gerrish
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14 12:20 PM
        It depends on the nibs. For tech pens use kooh-i-noor or comparable cleaning concentrate. For removable nibs (speedball, etc, soak them in diluted brush cleaner or liquid detergent and scrub them very lightly with nylon scrub sponges to remove exterior staining.

        Good Luck!
        Michael Gerrish

        "Transforming Education Through Art"
        http://whyart.com