Art Teachers' "Expert List" (from Judy D)

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
      Dear Art Ed List members,

      This is not about a list serve - it is about the file
      that was started a couple years ago with member names
      and email addresses. Members were added at your
      request.

      To refresh your memory - this was the file with: Name
      - Location (state/country) - Email address - Grade
      levels taught - Art media of interest - Media you like
      to teach - and lesson needs

      I am just updating my OWN list now. I am not sending
      this out to any additional list members. Any one who
      does not wish to still be included on this list -
      simply reply to me OFF list to remove your name.

      If I send you a personal message - please take the
      time to reply back to me if you want to stay on the
      list or to be removed. I need to streamline my own
      list. I don't want to send mail to anyone who doesn't
      want it.

      World Art Teachers:

      I will send the teachers from other countries (who
      requested to be included) one email soon - and ask
      that you reply back so I know to keep your name on my
      file.

      No mass mailings will be done using this list of art
      teachers and email addresses. I am using it now to let
      list members know lesson ideas that are needed most. I
      still use it on occasion to "connect" art teachers
      with a list member who can answer their needs.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • mcguffsilver@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004

      • mcguffsilver@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
          Dear Judy,
          I have been very bad about sending you stuff especially with the visual images.
          Please take me off your expert list and give my spot to someone who will be more
          active.  However I will still endeaver to send you stuff if I get it together,
          if that is all right with you.
          Sorry for the blank message a minute ago.  I hit send befor I put on the message.
          Ellen Silverman

          > Dear Art Ed List members,

        • bruce and lori pickering
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2004
            Hi Judy,
            Please update me on your list...
            Lori Pickering
            Tryon, North Carolina (western -45miles south of Asheville)
            I teach 6,7 and 8 grade art and career exploration
            this is my 5th year at middle school level. In 1985, I  taught college level for 2 years at Erie Community College, Buffalo, NW.  I taught Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Visual Display and Clothing Construction.   I am a professional artist and I owned a business called "Arta-Cloaks" with my mother/partner from 1988 until 2001. We designed, created and sold our own label hand-dyed wearable art clothing and lampworked glass bead jewelry. My mother passed away very suddenly last year and "Arta-Cloaks" went with her. I took a teaching position when the school actually called me and asked if I wanted the part time art teacher. I took it and continued to work with mom making clothing and running our retail shop . I taught one day and went to the shop the next. It was a rough schedule. The next year the school asked if I wanted full time and teach careers 2nd semester. It provided health insurance which I need desperately need as a type 1 diabetic.

            I have been in the school heart and soul ever since. My sweet mom came in the classroom very often. She shared her experiences as a fashion designer and help me show the kids how to paint fabric. My students were also very sad to lose her last year.
            I was named Teacher of the Year for Tryon Middle School 2004-05.  I just made runner up for Polk County TOY.

            I teach with passion for my subject and with passion in the idea that art can really help today's kids. Our county is building a new consolidated middle school.  I have been hand picked by my principal and my superintendent to serve on the curriculum committee, as well as the superintendent's advisory council, student team committee, student team committee and community liaison. WOW. I have been blessed to pick out the materials for my new classroom and I am determined to tap into my students' love of technology. Our school tech expert has discussed several ways to bring the technology that I need in my classroom to open new doors for my students.
            I am very excited.
            I do always look for ways to manage behavior and I have a  relaxed personality with my students. In 99% of my kids that is a real advantage, but it is the other 1% that takes continuous advantage of it and misbehaves. I am looking for ways to control behavior  and yet not limit the exciting exposure of the art experience.
            I love your list and I have had so many helpful things come to me from it.
            I am currently in the AB group and will soon send photos of my own Altered Books.
            I am currently teaching bookmaking in my art classes and we are preparing to do ABs as well.
            Thank you Judy, for all that you do!!!
            Lori Pickering
            about a list serve - it is about the file
            > that was started a couple
            years ago with member names
            > and email addresses. Members were added at
            your
            > request.
            >
            > To refresh your memory - this was the
            file with: Name
            > - Location (state/country) - Email address -
            Grade
            > levels taught - Art media of interest - Media you like
            teach - and lesson needs

            > I am just updating my OWN list now. I
            am not sending
            > this out to any additional list members. Any one
            who
            > does not wish to still be included on this list -
            > simply
            reply to me OFF list to remove your name.

            > If I send you a
            personal message - please take the
            > time to reply back to me if you want
            to stay on the
            > list or to be removed. I need to streamline my
            own
            > list. I don't want to send mail to anyone who doesn't
            > want
            it.

            > World Art Teachers:
            >
            > I will send the
            teachers from other countries (who
            > requested to be included) one email
            soon - and ask
            > that you reply back so I know to keep your name on
            my
            > file.
            >
            > No mass mailings will be done using this list
            of art
            > teachers and email addresses. I am using it now to let

            list members know lesson ideas that are needed most. I
            > still use it on
            occasion to "connect" art teachers
            > with a list member who can answer
            their needs.

            > Regards,
            >
            > Judy Decker

            > Do you
            Yahoo!?

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

            > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
            an email to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Renah Bell

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/PcIolB/TM