Recycle AOL CD's - colorful tops

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      (Deborah - I am sharing this with Art Education list now)

      Dear Art Educators,

      Deborah Johnson has another great idea for those AOL CDs - colorful spinning
      tops.
      See her "My Photos"
      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bibelots/my_photos
      Top left album.

      She shows supplies used and has several examples. The tops use shapes foam
      stickers. The adhesive on the sticker holds the bead for spinning - but you
      could add some glue. More foam stickers form the handle - but you could get
      creative and try other things. She used those faceted plastic beads. You can
      use any kind of media on the paper to cover the CD....
      This idea will be added to Art on a Thread Challenge.

      This idea came up during a Getty discussion on marbling - good use for
      marbled papers.

      While you are there -- check her Days of the Dead Calaveras - really cute!
      (bottom left album).

      Look around at other good ideas from Deborah.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Department (IAD)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
      Incredible Art Resources