Re: Rubrics

  • mgalyk
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30 7:03 PM
      I have a basic rubric format that I have been using this year. I
      just started teaching middle and high school. Two criteria always
      stay the same -- Effort and Craftsmanship, then I just plug in the
      others (usually three) and the project title. Once I got the kids
      used to the process it has worked out pretty well. I give them the
      rubric at the beginning of the project, so that (hopefully) they
      know what I am looking for, then I have them grade themselves (in
      pencil by circling the numbers) and paperclip to the project when
      they turn it in. Then I mark it in red pen and return it to them
      with the project. So far I find that they either grade themselves
      harder than I would OR they just mark all the highest number all the
      way down the list! But I have seen more honest appraisals after 4
      weeks of this method. I can send you the files as a MS Word
      attachment so you can look at them if you just email me back at
      mgalyk@... (I don't think I can post an attachment.)
      Maybe it will help. It has been a work in progress for me thus far.
      Let em know if you'd like me to send them.
      Marianne Galyk
      Ridgemont HS, OH

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Michele O'Brien