RE: [art_education] Spam and Unwanted invites to Groups - a simple step to prevent this

  • Robin Singer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2004
      what should I put for the cost?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Judy Decker [mailto:jdecker7@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:01 AM
      To: art education; ArtsEducators; Art4Peace
      Subject: [art_education] Spam and Unwanted invites to Groups - a simple
      step to prevent this

      Dear Art Educators,

      Pardon the non-art ed related topic

      This is just a fair warning to you... Many have told me of a like problem.
      If you have received strange invite message to groups - or have received
      list mail from other Yahoo groups that you did not request, it is because
      your Yahoo Preferences are set up to receive them. You need to go to My
      Groups - then click preferences. Then over to the far right is Edit. Uncheck
      that group moderators can add you to the group and Uncheck that group
      moderators can invite you.

      I have already received SPAM and virus emails on this NEW Road Runner
      address. At first I thought it was because of my Getty list post...Then
      later in the day when I received more it was evident that it was because of
      Yahoo lists. I am taking the time to report all SPAM I receive to Road
      Runner (as long as I can keep up with it. I know the Virus email addresses
      are spoofed - as one was somethingnet@... address).

      I may go back to posting here with Yahoo address as with that account I
      don't see the virus and spam come rolling in (it goes to bulk folder). It is
      "here we go again" time.... It was nice to have two days of virus free and
      spam free mail.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Department (IAD)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/