Choice Based - And some doable lessons for Cynthia

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 8:31 AM
      Greetings Cynthia (and all),

      Arts and Artivities has added many new lessons to the site since I last
      checked (and it was very recent at that).

      Here is Kathy's Choice Based Article:
      http://www.artsandactivities.com/Page/article0904c.html

      If it interest you - try TAB Choice yahoo list - I just "lurk" there.
      To learn more about the TAB-ChoiceArtEd group, please visit
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TAB-ChoiceArtEd

      If you wish to belong to TAB-ChoiceArtEd, you may
      subscribe by sending an email to
      TAB-ChoiceArtEd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      You can also join from the web site. It is just a different approach - still
      standards based - but moves away from the set "one lesson plan fits all"
      approach to teaching. I see real merit it this approach. I know it takes a
      lot of organization at first. I did a lot of choices within my lessons - but
      in all honesty could not have gone to total choice as there were some "Big
      ideas" I wanted all of my students to gain from my lessons and they would
      have chosen NOT to do the research in individual stations (I do know kids).
      Plus most of my lessons were interdisciplinary with core subjects.

      Check out the updates on Arts and Activities:
      http://www.artsandactivities.com/Page/ARTMAIN01.html
      There are many lessons there that you can adapt to a multi age class.
      I am going to make a post highlighting some "new to me" lessons that they
      have on the site. These have all been added within the last week or so.