Re: frustrated - after school program's use of art room

  • shebaduhkitty@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, K A <arizkma@y...> wrote:
      > I am frustrated with having to leave my classroom right after
      school because there is a noisy and disruptive after school program
      that is now using the room.

      Kathleen, can you have a meeting with the person in charge of the
      program (is it a NON-staff member?) and explain in detail the
      expectations of the room and the school? Surely common courtesy of
      going into someones desk, should be a no brainer. so since they are
      doing this, I am guessing they are not a fellow staff member and
      perhaps a youth. CAN you stay in the room, do some planning and such,
      I am sure you have that right, though it might not be easy to
      actually get stuff done, you can log infractions of expectations.
      Then if a meeting with the person doesn't resolve go to your
      supervisor AND their supervisor.

      good luck! Did you say you have Make your day? should this group be
      using it?

      Cynthia