Re: [art_education] Digest Number 625

  • lindwood@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Re spiraling curriculum:
      Wow. Wow. Wow.
      What I would do is start surfing our websites...look for LOTS of ideas
      that you can use and make three lists. One for each year. It will take
      time, but there is SO much out there that you can resource all through
      Incredible Art Department's lesson pages. ALso look at Artsonia. It's
      going to take time, but I think that would be the fastest way to "stack"
      a three year curriculum that rotates. I would not plan different things
      for the mixed class. You'll drive yourself nuts. All would do the same
      thing, but perhaps there would be a heavier focus on something for the
      8th graders at times. YOU have a challenge! THere are so many sites
      now for schools that have tons on them. Mine does, Bunki's does,
      Woody's old site, Sharon's "Artrageous" site, Melissa's, and so many
      more I can't even think now. (I just woke up.) You'll think of your
      own ideas as you make your list, so don't worry about that. Reinvent
      the wheel as you find time. You don't mention what kind of storage you
      have. Can these projects be ongoing? With only 25 minutes of time each
      class, you will need to keep work and go back to it from week to week,
      for sure! Thank goodness you are a really quick and creative type
      yourself. IT's going to be a challenge, but use what's already out
      there so you will have visuals and not have to work up examples for
      every lesson. We wouldn't have work on our sites if we did not wish to
      share ideas! Use them!
      Linda

      Linda Woods

      Visit our student's web art gallery at St.John's School

      www.sjs.org
      click on "Stories of SJS," click on "Arts Stories," click on Linda
      Woods' name. View artwork by Lower, and Middle School students as well
      as our art archives.