question for group-art careers curriculum

  • Jeannette Anthos - JHH
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2003

      Hi All, I am currently working on my M.A.Ed and teaching elementary art, and I am looking for research relating to art education and careers in art. I am specifically looking for curriculums --ranging from K-12-- that are or have been  centered around various art careers- as well as research which substantiates the benefits of an art curriculum which focuses on "career education". If you know of any articles, websites, etc. please let me know! I have the book "Careers in art" by Brommer & Giotto, the posters, and in the NAEA Journal last year, J. Ulbricht  wrote "Helping Students Contemplate a Career in Art". I have this one, but finding other articles like it is very difficult. I have found some "hands-on" types in backissuse s of School Arts & Arts&Activities., but I need more. HELP! Perhaps you have done something like this is your classrooms. Any info is appreciated!

      Also, Michel, I use my "Art Portfolios" for 2-5th grade. The students are required to bring them each week to art, & it is stressed that it is their responsibility, not their classroom teacher's. We use  them periodically to write about artists we are learning about, to do thumbnails , sometimes decorate the covers when we finish, as well as periodic reflections about what we have created and/or writing down the steps after we have completed a project (i.e printmaking, etc.)

      Regarding the spiral bound books you use-to clarify-you buy the spirals from Classroom Direct and then collate &  create your own books, correct?

      Thanks!

      Jeannette Anthos

      Art Educator

      J. H. House Elementary School